Saturday, July 14, 2012

A flame in your heart



The 1979 Chanel 'Share the Fantasy' commercial directed by Ridley Scott. The use of the Ink Spots song I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire meshes the surreal imagery perfectly.



 



I don't want to set the world on fire 
I just want to start a flame in your heart 
In my heart I have but one desire 
And that one is you 
No other will do 

 I've lost all ambition for worldly acclaim 
I just want to be the one you love 
And with your admission that you feel the same 
I'll have reached the goal I'm dreaming of 

 Believe me

 I don't want to set the world on fire 
I just want to start a flame in your heart


 



From the film,  Pardon My Sarong (1942); The 4 Ink Spots (Charles Fugua,Hoppy Jones, Bill Kenny and Deek Watson) perform with dancers Tip, Tap and Toe (Samuel Green, Ted Fraser and Ray Winfield). Making it all look so effortless; that's the magic.




No comments: