Monday, February 22, 2010

Building in nature





The great indoors!



The images are of a building referred to as, 'The Brain', one of the many beautiful projects of Olson Kundig Architects. From their website, "... Olson started the firm based on some simple ideas: that buildings can serve as a bridge between nature, culture and people, and that inspiring surroundings have a positive effect on people’s lives."

I take a long walk every day in my neighborhood. As you walk north, the apartment buildings disappear, and the yards and homes increase in size. There are many grand homes, but only a handful stand out (for me) that are the pulse racing stuff of dreams. It's not the expanse or the material or color that draws the eye; it's an assured elegance that integrates the building perfectly with its setting.

1 comment:

Darla Brown said...

This is my dream room.... I want to go to there.